Re: Drakfont/Windows fonts in VNC Unix?

From: Brendon Oliver (brendono@softcentre.com.au)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 18:02:39 EDT

    Hi there,

    Just making a guess here, but by default, Mandrake uses xfs (X font
    server) for serving its fonts. Perhaps your vncserver script is either
    not set to use the font server, or else it doesn't include the paths
    where your .ttf fonts reside.

    In vncserver have a look for the lines:

    # Add font path and color database stuff here, e.g.:

    # $cmd .= " -fp /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/";

    Uncomment that last line and change the path to suit. To use the font
    server you need to replace the font path(s) with something like:
            tcp/{server_name}:port
    tcp/localhost:7100 is probably a good starting point - 7100 is the
    usually default font server port. Have a look in your XF86Config file -
    it should give you a hint as to how a regular Xserver gets its fonts.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    - Brendon

    --