Re: VNC and CDE avtive session...

From: Jens Wagner (jwagner@hexonet.de)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 17:48:47 EDT

    Todd Brown schrieb:

    > I have done some digging in the Archive of mailings, and came across one
    > from 1998. Have there been any advances in getting Xvnc and CDE to
    > interact like the Windows version interacts with the active users
    > desktop?
    >
    > We do not want to use this for Xwindowing as much as a remote admin
    > tool...
    >
    > Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!
    >
    > Todd B...

    I've written a vnc compatible server that exports a running X session,
    It's called x0rfbserver and included in the heXoNet rfb package. It's
    still
    under development, only raw encoding is working yet. If you're
    interested
    in this software you can subscribe to the news list.

    http://www.hexonet.de/software.en
    Look on the page for xrfbviewer, download section.

    - jens