Re: Win2k crashes possibly because of VNC client

From: James ''Wez'' Weatherall ()
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 10:54:50 EDT

    > Win2K crashes on my workstation only when running VNC client connected to
    a VNC X-server under Solaris 2.6. I'm using the latest copies of the server
    and client. Win2K Blue screen reports:

    > STOP. 0x00000076 (0x00000000, 0x8490CD60, 0x00000001, 0x000000)
    > PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES
    >
    > I tried debugging it with boundschecker, but the failure doesn't occur
    > frequently enough, or, running with boundschecker stops the problem.

    The VNC Viewer under Win32 is an application, so it can't crash Windows
    NT/2000 in the way you describe (it has no low-level access to the machine's
    hardware).

    If you have a dodgy network card driver or video card driver then VNC may
    well show up the holes in it more than other applications, since the client
    can at times be very graphics or network intensive.

    Cheers,

    James "Wez" Weatherall

    --
              "Xenophobes should go back to Xenophobia"