Re:AuthHosts

From: Rasmus Emil M�ller ()
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 07:12:28 EDT

    "Ross Sherwin C. de Claro" <> wrote:

    >How do I setup that all Server accept only to a certain host.
    >
    > example: server "192.168.1.2" only accept remote connection
    >from client "192.168.1.56" and "192.168.1.89" and all other host rejected.

    The only way I found to do this on Windows NT was to use the GNU GPL
    freware
    TCP port redirector RINETD (www.boutell.com/rinetd) .
    Extract RINETD.EXE, create a file like WINVNC.CFG containing the lines:

    allow 192.168.1.56
    allow 192.168.1.89

    192.168.1.2 5800 127.0.0.1 5800
    192.168.1.2 5900 127.0.0.1 5900

    and run RINETD.EXE -c WINVNC.CFG

    See the RINETD doc. for logging, pattern etc.
    SRVANY.EXE from NT resource kit can be used to make it run as a service.

    Feel free to contact me for questions.

    Rasmus Mxller