changing VNC password. Windows specific.

From: Kenneth Foster ()
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 22:34:51 EDT

    I was wondering if anyone had written a remote password changer program? I
    couldn't find reference to one in the archives.

    It would work like this, very windows specific spec will follow:

    VB application, so it can be extended easily by my limited skills
    Use the encryption method in the VNC viewer/server
    Support remote and local registry connection ( I have the code for this)
    Interface is simple, two input boxes and a go button. Box one is password
    desired, second box is name/ip address of the computer. If it used the same
    algorithm as the viewer/server it should, in theory give you the ability to
    change the password of the VNC viewer (running as a server) remotely without
    having to log in.

    If anyone has written a program like this or would like to please contact
    me, on or off list. I would like source too as I use a different encryption
    key in my viewer/server.

    Thanks,

    Ken Foster