Development (was Re: LOGGING!!)

From: Illtud Daniel ()
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 14:30:57 EDT

    Wesley Hayes wrote:

    > Is there any way to get VNC to keep a log of what users where attached to a
    > perticular machine? I noticed VNC doesn't seem to have any type of logging
    > capabilities.

    I'm interested in adding syslog capability to VNC, but I'm
    not sure how to go about it - that is, I can handle the coding
    (but somebody would probably have to tidy it up) but I'd rather
    have input from other developers (since VNC seems to be forking
    rather alarmingly) rather than distribute a patch. Is there
    a seperate dev-list? Should there be?

    I'm also interested in adding audio capabilities, but I know
    that this one is waaay beyond my expertise (I'm a BOFH, not
    a hacker!). I *might* have a source of funding for this,
    but again, I don't know where to start the discussion.

    Jonathan? Any comments?

    --
    Illtud Daniel
    Uwch Ddadansoddwr Systemau                       Senior Systems Analyst