RE: Win 2000, Zone Alarm, Random Reboots and other goodies

From: Steve (soc195@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 18:37:48 EDT

    Thank you to everyone for all your advise. I was going to write back today
    at work, but W2K rebooted on me when I tried to VNC in! The good thing I
    know is the reboot happened at the exact moment that I attempted to VNC in.
    Therefore it is definitely a problem/conflict due to that. I suppose I am
    going to procede by uninstalling/reinstallind VNC and seeing if that fixes
    it. Michael, I have already patched ZA to fix the SP1 problems. James, the
    reboot problem is the one that popped up with SP1. The other problem has
    been there since day 1. ZA apparantly doesn't like the fact that VNC is
    running as a server before it boots up. Andy, thanks for the advice. I
    will also try to set WinVNC to come up after ZoneAlarm. This reboot problem
    has me stumped, Anyone know how to analyze NTMiniDumps?