Re: server disconnect means what?

From: jeff (jeff@parlant.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 11:51:00 EDT

    Check to make sure that vnc is running on a specific port one winnt. By
    default it is set to first available wich is 0 not 1 like linux.

    I just setup this same scenerio last week.

    Here is how I set it up:

    lcli -> fw -> ... -> mfw -> w2k

        lcli is a linux machine using 'ssh -lroot -L40000:w2k:5901
    mfw.blah.blah.com'
            also run 'vncviewer -encodings "copyrect hextile" localhost:40000'

            This also works with win2k as a client using terraterm and ttssh.

        fw is a linux firewall/gateway that is very restrictive

        mfw is a linux masquerading firewall with sshd running on it

        w2k is a windows 2000 machine with vnc running on port 5901
            (note: w2k is lookedup by mfw not fw, so it uses the 10.0.0.1
    address)