RE: Password Issue

From: Cybertime Tech Support (tech@cybertime.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 18:06:57 EDT

    Galen Johnson's "Apply" advice is good. One other thing I have noticed that
    does this is if you put in the registry keys to lock password changes before
    restarting, but after putting things in as a service.

    Let me try and make that more clear. When you install and run VNC, it asks
    for a password. However, it seems to save a different password if VNC is
    loaded as a service. I ran into that with v3.3.3r2 or r3 Win32. I don't
    know if it is still doing that in r7.

    What I do now is install VNC, run the service installer, restart, put in and
    apply the password, use the utility to put in the default registry keys,
    restart and make sure it is coming up fine, then put in my own registry keys
    for locking the password, and restricting access to VNC by IP number to make
    it more secure.