remotelyanywhere.com

From: Some Guy (someguy47@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 06:06:00 EDT

    Hi list!

    The two biggest things holding me back from using vnc full-on is that fact
    that there is no encryption (you must config a complicated arrangement), and
    the lack of file transfer.

    A few days ago, I downloaded and installed remotelyanywhere.com for a trial,
    and I put it on a winNT server, win2000 server, and 98. Let me tell you,
    this program ROCK!!! It does everything! (all in a browser) But the
    clincher--the bottom line on why it is so good, is it creates a cert. by
    itself, and has a built in ssl server that runs on the same port.

    Downside (aside from is lack of portability across platforms): it costs $99.

    Now, I will be on the lookout for a free alternative.

    Doug.