Why can't the web server be secure?

From: Some Guy (someguy47@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 22:03:02 EDT

    Hi list,

    I am aching to use vnc full as my primary remote admin tool, but the
    possibility of passwords being read is a huge concern from me.

    I know I can setup a ssh system. True. But it would be SO COOL if I could
    access my computer without having to carry a laptop around, or having to
    remember to bring a floppy to decrypt a tunnel! Yikes, all that defeats the
    whole elegance of the Java applet.

    So I am asking: can't the server be a secure server? How can I do it?

    Thanks.

    Doug.