RE: Restrict access to one interface?

From: Arnt Witteveen (Arnt.Witteveen@vartec.be)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 12:22:34 EDT

    There is a way but it needs some programming. Since I'm not yet up to the
    job of compiling vnc at home, I know what to change but can't change it.

    You need to search the source for INET_ADRR_ANY . This constant tells the
    listening socket to listen on all interfaces. Simply pop in the adrr of the
    one interface you wish it to listen on and you are set. An 'example' is
    right there in the code as it implements the option to listen only on
    127.0.0.1 .

    Problems still need to be solved:
    - a way of reading the info out of the registry or other option system
    (platform dependant)
    - the above will work for listening on 1 interface. If you have 3, it's
    either all or just one, 2 isn't possible I think.

    Anyone up to the job?

    Arnt

    PS: looking through the code, I couldn't find an easily identifiable
    'options' system. I had expected an options system with the 'load options'
    and perhaps 'save options' implemented platform-dependantly, but I couldn't
    find anything...