Vncserver on Solaris 7 & 8

From: Tom Vellani ()
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 07:23:11 EDT

    Hi,

            I get the following error when starting vncserver on
    both Solaris 7 and Solaris 8 systems. I tried the binary release
    and the locally compiled ones. The binary release works fine with
    Solaris 2.6 . I will appreciate any info on this.

    _XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
    _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
    _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local

    Fatal server error:
    Failed to establish all listening sockets

            Thanks

    -tom vellani