Not Listening

From: BEN WAGGONER ()
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 10:51:11 EDT

    Didn't see this addressed in the FAQ:
    I am running VNC 3.3.3 R2 across a 10/100 network w/ WinNT servers & Win9x
    clients. All work beautifully, except for one Win98 client that will not
    answer. I get "Failed to connect to server" when trying to access it.
    Checking the Win98 client, I see that VNC is installed as a service, has a
    password set, and the icon shows up in the system tray, but the tooltip that
    displays when I place the cursor over the VNC icon includes the phrase "not
    listening." I do not recall doing anything differently when I installed VNC
    on this particular client from when I installed all the others that are
    working just fine. Is there a particular setting I have overlooked? It
    seems this installation of VNC is behaving in a rather feminine manner - how
    do I get it to listen to me? Send it eFlowers?

    Ben Waggoner
    IS Manager
    Autoprod, Inc.
    Clearwater, FL