RE: RE(2): Deployment

From: Ian Cowley ()
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 10:18:53 EDT

    Hmm. Since this method of installation only requires the files to be copied
    to a directory on the machine and for registry settings to be
    installed....does anyone know of any software that can remotly add things to
    registries?
    For instance, I'm sat here in our admin office, and out on the network is a
    machine named NFUTEST. Assuming NFUTEST is switched on (logged on, even,
    but not as administartor), and I'm logged on to the domain as administartor,
    is there any program that can add things to the registry of NFUTEST from
    where I'm sitting?

    This is not technically VNC related, but if it exists, itd help with
    installing VNC remotely.

    Ian Cowley
    NFU Computer Services Dept.

    THIS EMAIL MESSAGE AND INFORMATION IT CONTAINS MAY BE PRIVILEGED AND/OR
    CONFIDENTIAL, AND IS FOR THE USE OF THE ADDRESSEE ONLY.

    UNAUTHORISED USE, DISCLOSURE OR PRINTING OF THE CONTENTS IS PROHIBITED.
    IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THIS EMAIL AND ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE PLEASE
    NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY.

    ALTHOUGH EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO ENSURE ACCURACY NEITHER THE NFU
    NOR THE AUTHOR CAN ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ERRORS AND OMISSIONS. (c) NFU