Problems with some keys for certain apps under Windows

From: Paul V. Allen ()
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 18:04:18 EDT

    I'm re-posting this for the fourth time in hopes of some help (or at
    least indication of any similar experience). I've seen virtually every
    post to this list get some response, except mine - what's up?

    When using a windows vnc client controlling a windows PC, certain keys
    are not recognized by certain applications. The same keys (in the same
    session) are recognized by other applications. When the problem
    applications are used locally, they also recognize these keys. Several
    of us who use vnc at InterSystems have run into this, and it is
    dampening our enthusiasm for this software. (I have searched all vnc
    mailing list archives and read all the FAQs and can't find anything
    quite like this). These problems have been verified on a variety of
    windows versions (NT, 95, 98, 2000).

    Problem applications: Windows version of Emacs
                                        KeaTerm

    recognized when emacs is controlled by vnc.

    For KeaTerm (4.2), it is all the arrow keys. (We also have a proprietary
    app that behaves the same as KeaTerm).

    Any response, even acknowledgement that this post has been seen would
    be welcome.

    [demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of allen.vcf]