Re: WinVNC332 - NO MORE IRP STACK LOCATIONS

James [Wez] Weatherall ()
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:10:01 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Jerome Gay wrote:

> I'm a newbie to this great VNC stuff...
> I installed WinVNC 3.3.2 on my PentiumPRO 200 NT4/SP3 + IE4.01 box as a
> service, but I had infrequent blue-screen crashes since with :
> STOP 0x00000035 (0x8069ca08,0x0,0x0,0x0)
> NO MORE IRP STACK LOCATIONS
> CPUID : GenuineIntel 6.1.6 irql:1e SYSVER 0xf0000565

I'm not an expert on the internal details of NT but it sounds as if
your netowkr card has a didgy interrupt handler - do you get such problems
when no-one is remotely connected but WinVNC is running? Have you ever
had them when WinVNC wasn't running? It might be that your network
drivers are coping really badly with the bandwidth usage of WinVNC but
that's really just a guess...

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall

--